After swimming lessons today, Nicole experienced another first--catching a fish. She caught two rainbow trout (and Dad caught one)!
This past weekend Grandpa Gary and Grandma Sharon in Wyoming gave us some wonderful news. Their friend was willing to give them a black lab puppy for Nicole. This 10-week-old pup will soon be traveling with Grandpa and Grandma from Wyoming to Nevada. Nicole can hardly wait! (We're wondering how excited Callie the cat will be to meet this new member of the family!)
In church news, we praise the Lord that a young man accepted Christ recently. His older sister had recently joined the church after being a regular attender. We are also thankful for the six kids (three from VBS) who have attended the first of three new Christian's classes for kids. New Wednesday night Bible studies for ladies and men are beginning in a couple of weeks while the kids are looking forward to "Faith & Fun" nights. Mitch finished a series of sermons from the book of Jonah and is now doing a series on the incomparability of God. We praise the Lord for the work He is doing here!







7 comments:
Ok, I just have to ask. Have you read Marley and Me? If not, do so BEFORE the puppy gets there! Ha!
No, I've not read "Marley and Me" but I found an except by Googling it. When I read chapter 1 describing the large Lab as "soaking wet and covered up to its belly in mud and burrs. Its tongue hung out wildly to one side, and froth flew off its jowls as it barreled past," I quit reading. I don't need this kind of depression today! Ha!
Pray for me!
Jane
I got a new lab puppy, chocolate. She is 14 weeks old. We've had so much fun! Training is key!!!! They are very smart dogs and learn quickly when pups. Be sure to have plenty of chew toys for it when it arrives....they love to chew and/or nip...those baby teeth hurt a little, but in the month we've been together she's gotten much better about it. Also use a puppy crate for house breaking. They are den animals and like "their house". Tillie is staying outside more now, but still not all day/night yet. That book Marley and Me was a good book with a lot of funny in it, it was about a yellow lab. Any dog breed that gets too inbred the dogs become "less smart". If I remember right, the sentence you quit at was talking about Marley's dad. Just remember, lots of love, patience (if you don't already have patience, you will learn it now!) and training. I'll be glad to share w/ you what I got from the trainer! Love, DeAnna
Hey DeAnna,
It's good to hear from you and thanks for the encouragment and advice. You'll have to email me pictures of your "family."
Love ya,
Jane (& Mitch & Nicole)
Sounds like life is good in Nevada. I'm so glad. As for the puppy, you will love it and Nicole will have a friend for life. There's nothing better than a lab puppy. I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories.
What a cute puppy, Jane. Oh, btw...we were talking about you at snack the other day. :) We miss you. Glad to hear you're doing well.
Hey Barb, hey Rachel! The puppy arrives tomorrow and we're all as giddy as can be (well, except for Callie Cat). And. . .we've chosen a name--Jake. More about Jake in future posts.
I miss you guys, too. Would the seminary sanction a field trip to Pioche for your next snack? No, I didn't think so.
Tell everyone I said hello and that I love them all!
Jane
Post a Comment