Jake has his own pool (a kiddie pool) but he is NOT spoiled! We're just helping him stay cool on hot days. Yes, he's chewing on everything but that's just what pups do. We're just trying to give him replacement things to chew on. He has been a lot of fun already and we're looking forward to watching him grow. And grow he will--can you see the size of those paws?

We have enjoyed Grandpa Gary's and Grandma Sharon's first visit to Pioche. Jane's parents are also in town again so we were able to see more of beautiful Nevada while the grandparents were all in town.
Mitch baptized four on Sunday and we had a high attendance that morning of 81! On Sunday evening we had a church fellowship at a nearby state park. We enjoyed eating together, playing volleyball, throwing horseshoes, and hiking. The kids enjoyed staying cool in the park's wading pool. We praise the Lord for the work He is doing here. Thanks for your prayers.







10 comments:
So happy you now are the new parents of Jake. Cute puppie - looks just like Libby did at that age. Good to read all about you - it's been a while since I've looked. Sounds like you're doing well in your new church and town. Good pictures of Grandpa Gary & Grandma Sharon too. We're having a Celebration of Justin's life on August 24 in Washington Park in Denver - know you probably can't come, but wanted to let you know. Love you all, Aunt Linda & Uncle Doug
Love you Aunt Linda & Uncle Doug. Wish we could be there on the 24th but we'll be praying for you guys.
Hey Jane!!
Cute Puppy! I'm glad ya'll are doing well. :)
Hi Courtney! Thanks! I'm finding that having a puppy is a lot like having another child in the family. :)
Hope you are doing well at SWBTS! Say hello to everyone.
Jane
Jake is adorable! Makes me miss our labs. You are going to have a blast with him. And please - how hot can it be there? It's 100 here! Count your blessings you're not trying to keep him cool in THIS heat! :)
Hey Barb,
Thanks! We love him! Believe it or not, we've had 100s but just not lately. The great thing about 100 degrees at 6060 ft. is that there is relief with a cool night. In Fort Worth, I recall spelling relief, J-A-N-U-A-R-Y.
Miss you,
Jane
I've just caught up with the Fiscus Family blogsite! Great posts!
The Church web page is excellent, also.
Looks like Nevada is a good fit for the Fiscus Family Ministry.
Blessings!
Gotta love precious little puppies. Jake is a cutie. Miss you, Jane. Glad to hear of the work God is doing through you all there.
Oh, btw, Jessica tried to whistle at me the other day...like I used to whistle at you. It was a pretty humorous situation because I thought Mark had whistled and not Jessica. Awkward. :)
Rachel,
I'm glad Jessica caught you in an ackward situation. (I can recall being in one or two myself, thank you very much!) Pretty soon there'll be a "no whistling" policy around there. Ha!
Miss you, too,
Jane
CONGRATULATIONS on Jake! Great name; great dog! Labs are probably my favorite! He will have so much fun with Nicole and she with him!!
Post a Comment