Also tomorrow is the beginning of a 4-H cooking club. Nicole will learn how to make a pie, meatloaf & potatoes, a dutch oven & campfire meal, and an individual pizza. (Afterwards, Mom is planning to take a cooking hiatus and let Nicole make the family meals!)
The family also hopes to enjoy some hiking, camping, and fishing this summer. A recent trip to Wal-Mart allowed us to add to our small, but growing fishing tackle, including a pole for Nicole. She is now ready to fish after several practice casts in the church parking lot. Catching an actual fish will be the next feat!
If you have no summer plans, perhaps you could plan a trip to Pioche. We'd love to see you!
Sprinkler fun in the backyard
Dog-days, or rather cat-days of summer
Preparing to paint rocks as a summer project
Some of Nicole's rock painting work




2 comments:
Jane, you're such an awesome example of a mother! I love how you are so creative with things for your family to do (like the rock painting)! Miss you, friend!
~Melissa
Oh, Melissa, I'm thankful you don't know the many ways I'm not a good example of an awesome mother. I just know that God is my strength! I miss you, too!
Love ya,
Jane
Post a Comment