My dad used to say when passing by a feed lot with cattle, "Smells like money." Well, I can say, "I see money out our window." The seminary has leased its property adjacent to our street to a natural gas company who will drill for gas and pay the seminary royalties. We are SO excited about the truck traffic, loud unknown noises, and the generators that run nightly to power the lights. All of this is just to prep the site for the rig that will be placed there soon. And to make matters worse, Nicole's bedroom windows face all this!
I guess we shouldn't complain. Last Christmas, seminary employees received a generous bonus as a result of the first check received from the gas company. On the other hand, we wonder how long we will have to experience these "benefits." And, is there any danger in being so close?
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
the first picture is actually called the "dog house"... that's where the company man keeps a watch over what's going on around the location.
DeAnna
Post a Comment