Saturday, October 6, 2007

Life in and out of a wheelchair (by Nicole)



I want to tell you about me in my wheelchair. At school I am doing very well. My friends are not making fun of me and I've been praying about that. It isn't hard to roll around. . .well, maybe a tiny bit. There is enough room for people who have crutches and wheelchairs to get around at my school. People move out of the way for me.

It's been a little bit exciting and a little bit boring. One of my teachers gets to push me fast and that's what's really exciting to me. It is a little boring because I can't do P.E. In Art, I can do all the things because it's just sitting down. Around the house it isn't so boring because I can be outside and roll around the cul-de-sac where we live.

Pray for me that my leg will get better and that my stitches will be gone in just a few days. Thank you for praying for me.

Love,
Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wheelchair has been a blessing to Mom and Dad, too. Through it we've had peace at school that Nicole can make it on her own without the watchful eye of Dad and Mom. Nicole will see the doctor on Oct. 31 for a new x-ray and news about whether we can ditch the wheels. We'll keep you posted.

Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Blog with us! Sounds like Nicole is doing pretty well in the wheelchair. We are so looking forward to seeing you all in December and yes, your family is definately in our prayers. God Bless. Love, Linda