Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nevada or Bust


We've finalized the details of our moving plans. Next week, we'll begin filling all those boxes we've been collecting (see our post of February 7). Jane's final day at work will be Friday, March 14. On Saturday, March 15 we'll fill a 24 ft. moving truck with everything we own. We'll go to church that next morning and head out for Nevada just after lunch on Sunday the 16th. After 1,378 miles or so on the road, countless stops for food and other necessities, and a couple of nights in cheap motels, we hope to arrive in Pioche. We hope to begin settling in before Easter Sunday, March 23. Mitch is excited to be able to bring the Easter message that Sunday. Our Pioche address will be: P.O. Box 308, 1 Baptist Drive, Pioche, NV 89043. The church/parsonage phone is 775-962-5886. We'll have Pioche local cell phone numbers soon.

Would you pray for us? Pray for our mobile home to sell before we depart. Pray for safety as we travel (Mitch will drive the moving van, Jane will follow in our vehicle, and Nicole and Callie the cat will be in one vehicle or the other). Pray for our wonderful new church home and family. We are excited to be able to begin what the Lord has called us to do.

We'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, guys. We prayed for you this past Wednesday and I look forward to keeping in touch. May God grant you wisdom, stamina...and a huge heart for His people. I pray you'll be loved the way God's people ought to love their pastor and his family.

Mitch, I'm also looking forward to hearing how starting your Sunday mornings with a verse by verse approach to Leviticus goes. Ought to only take you a year or so...if you're efficient. Har!

Grace and peace,

Stacy

Morgan said...

I'm so glad to learn that ya'll have a blog! It is such a good way to keep up with friends. The pictures from Nevada are beautiful! I'm excited for you guys.

The Sullivans said...

I'll definitely be praying for you guys! Thanks for sending me the link to your blog, Jane. Now I can stay updated and maybe even poke fun at you every now and then. Love you!

The Fiscus Family said...

Rachel,

Don't forget that I can delete any objectionable comments! (Ha!)

Love you!
Jane

Anonymous said...

We'll definately be praying for you. Be safe on your way to Nevada! I'm so happy for you and know you'll be happy. What a great time to start - Easter Sunday! We love you. Doug and Linda. XXOO

The Williams Family said...

Godspeed to you all. You probably could tell from all the goodbyes today how much loved you are. How exciting it must be for Mitch to preach the hope of the empty tomb as Berean's new pastor. Jane will fill her new role as the pastor wife with the same love and caring we witnessed during the seminary years. And, it is certain that Nicole will be the darling of the congregation. We understand God has made His perfect will known by sending ya'll to Pioche, NV. That said, we are still going to miss you. God bless.

The Williams Family

Barb said...

Jane, hope the travels are going well. We miss you around here. When you get settled, could you email me your new mailing address? Thanks. I'm praying for you as you continue this transition.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

We already miss you around here! We hope that you are getting settled and are loving it! Keep us posted!
You missed all the exctiement on Monday! Several of us got NEW comptuers! Can you believe it!?
Talk with you soon!